We are pleased to offer
out of our office!
Acupuncture can be utilized on its own,
or as a complement to your current Physical Therapy treatment plan!
Many insurance companies cover Acupuncture,
and if your plan does not, we offer a low competitive private pay rate!
You do not need to be a current BMPT patient
to schedule for Acupuncture services!
Grace Minnella DAC, L.AC
Grace graduated from Tri-State College of Acupuncture in New York, one of the oldest, accredited acupuncture schools in the Northeast, in 2002. She had fortune, pleasure, and privilege of graduating from one of the very first classes with a Bachelor-Master’s program degree combined—from the only school that included the instruction of trigger points release as part of the curriculum.
In 2020, Grace returned to school to obtain a Doctorate in Acupuncture, as well as a certification in functional medicine.
Having been an Acupuncturist for over 20 years, she continues to practice with same gusto as earlier, with a mature approach and extensive experience tailored to each individual and each unique treatment.
Grace specializes in trigger points therapy (dry needling) for muscular skeletal dysfunctions, and her eclectic methods combines trigger point release, Japanese, Meridian, Korean, TCM, and Vietnamese acupuncture.
WHAT IS ACUPUNCTURE?
Acupuncture is a method of encouraging the body to promote natural healing and to improve functioning by restoring its natural state of homeostasis. It is one of the safest and oldest forms of treatment available today. Acupuncture has an extremely long recorded history of efficacy, and has been used in the Far East to restore, promote and maintain good health for over 2500 years.
Despite the insertion of extremely fine needles into specific acupoints, Acupuncture is very relaxing and relatively painless. It is used to treat a wide range of conditions ranging from chronic pain and poor digestion, to allergies, infertility and mood disorders.
Acupuncture helps your body heal itself. It reduces pain and inflammation, opens blocked circulation and restores the body, mind and spirit.
5 REASONS TO TRY ACUPUNCTURE:
1. Acupuncture can reduce back pain - Many studies have shown that acupuncture increases endorphin levels in the body. Endorphins act as natural painkillers. 5 weeks of twice weekly acupuncture treatments has been found to relieve back pain for up to six months.
2. Acupuncture can improve your quality of sleep - Acupuncture increases the production of neurotransmitters associated with relaxation and sleep, helping restless sleepers and insomniacs sleep better. Studies have shown acupuncture to be more effective than sleep medications, with no negative side effects.
3. Acupuncture lowers stress levels and boosts your mood - Acupuncture has been effective in treating depression, has been shown to lower stress hormones by calming the nervous system and regulate serotonin in the brain, which positively affects your mood.
4. Acupuncture boosts the immune system - Correctly placed needles can stimulate your body’s immune cells that seek out and destroy infections in the body. In addition, lowered stress levels and improved sleep will help your body better defend itself against future infections.
5. Acupuncture can increase energy levels - While immediately after an acupuncture treatment you may feel relaxed, longterm use of acupuncture has shown to improve energy and lead to an enhanced sense of wellbeing.
We encourage you to consider this safe and effective holistic practice when choosing a longterm treatment plan to restore or maintain a state of health and balance in your mind and body. Get in touch and schedule your first visit today!